Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FunFilled Saturday with Daddy

The kids and I had planned for a FULL day of birthday parties (3 to be exact) on Saturday the 20th. But Jacob decided to take off from real work on Friday to mow his yards he normally does on the weekend so that he could have a day off and go fishing at Beavers Bend. The closer it got to time for him to go, the more I wanted to go. I don't really care for the fishing part, but it just sounded like fun to get out for a little bit. So he left out before 9 and I finished up my 4th and final cake for the weekend. The kids and I decided to go to one of the parties the earliest one, and headed up to Oklahoma after lunch.

We drove up and while they watched Garfield, I listened and enjoyed the scenery on the way. When we got to Idabel there was a drive through Subway so we stopped and got sandwhiches and met Jacob at the WalMart there. We headed to the park and finally found an empty campsite with a picnic table and ate our sandwhiches and changed into our swimsuits. We headed to the swimming area and swam in the river as the kids say, then rented padel boats (which by the way are NOT fun to me) but the kids loved it. Colton wanted to see where daddy had caught his fish so we went on a baby hike with the babies along the river before heading out to ride goKarts. I don't think I have ever had so much fun in one day with my whole family. We then headed home and stopped in Idabel at a yummy mexican restraunt for supper and then drove on home.

Next time we are going to plan ahead and leave out earlier and spend the WHOLE day soaking up the sun around the river. We hope to have a camper some day sooner than later hopefully and maybe have a few weekends like this.

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

Darn it...I needed your Cute store to be open because I woke up this morning and NEEDED a red tutu for Karlee for this weekend. Pulled out my cell phone and realized I don't have your number anymore.....AHHHHHH! So, if you happen to get this message between now and Friday PLEASE CALL ME if you're able to make a red tutu between now and Friday night!!!!

Lyndee said...

Did you give up on blogging??? I miss your updates and seeing those cute kiddos!