Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can anyone say HOT! It's the end of July and in Texas that only means one thing....It's HOT!!! I should be used to it, I have lived here for 27 years, but I don't think you could ever really get used to over 100 heat index.
We haven't had the chance to do anything big and exciting, but the kids don't seem to mind. This past Wednesday, their Kma came to get them and took them on a play date with two of her dear friends Ms. Nanci and Ms. Brenda and their grandkids at Brenda's house. They swam, and swam and swam. Played, ate popcicles and had a pic nic lunch.
As much fun as they had, mama had a good day too. I had to clean for a friend of mine that morning, but afterwards I headed to MP and had the greatest pedicure! I am a sucker for a good foot massage :) I also had to do some grocery shopping and went to the dreaded walmart, but really enjoyed my "me" time and just looking around and going at my own pace.
Towards the end of the week we started decorating for VBS which starts tonight at the Naples Church of Christ at 6. I teach crafts, surprised? So we have been spending a couple of extra hours a day at the church getting my stuff together and helping out if other people needed a hand.
Saturday was a whirlwind....Jacob was ready to trade in his old lawnmower on a newer one, and has been working so many hours and extra days lately, that the kids and I were nominated to go make the deal. We were up, dressed and had driven the nearly hour drive to Texarkana by 8 a.m. When we had our turn with the sales guy, we found the lawn mower we were looking for and it was so brand new it was still in the shipping crate. So after an hour or so wait for them to finish assembly, we were on our way back to Naples for the Watermelon Festival. We missed the parade, but did do a quick walk through of the booths and such, and we were headed back home, because like I said, It's HOT!!
So, now its Sunday afternoon, and the kids are napping and I am enjoying sitting here doing NOTHING. Until time to go to VBS.

Oh, and I forgot to mention....My baby boy pulled his 2nd tooth last night....All.by.himself. :) I love watching them grow up....I wish it didn't feel as though it were in fastforward all the time.

No comments: