Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer So Far.

*warning*This is long and there aren't any pictures. I hope you enjoy anyway.

It is the begining/middle of July Already? That doesn't seem possible! School has been out for a little over a month now, and I can't believe that in shortly over a month, I will have a Kindergartener. Colton attended pre-k last year at Pewitt, and I never imagined he would know some of the things he has learned in the past year. Did I mention he had perfect attendance? Since school has been out, we have been spending a lot of time here at the house. Some days, it is great, some days we just have to get out. The first couple of weeks we did just that. However the next two weeks seemed to be a whirlwind. I was asked to teach a cake decorating class for kids camp at our local community college. I had 2 classes and really enjoyed myself, but missed my relaxed at home routine and being with my kids. Most days, Colton, Caleigh and Claire went to my mom and dad's house, one day they got to stay home with their daddy, and ond day their favorite big buddy Anna came to our house to keep them.
The girls have also had quite a summer, probably better than anyone else in our house, but ofcourse we have been able to share it with them. On July 3, my babies turned 4! I can't believe it. So, for their birthday, Jacob and I and his parents went in together and bought them a swimming pool. It has been so nice to have it in our backyard and not have to get ready to go somewhere else to swim. Ofcouse it came with more work for mama, but at least I can get in it and cool off to clean. We had their birthday party here at the house and had quite the turn out if I counted everyone, and I am almost possitive I did, there were 44 ppl here. Wow. But I loved it, I think one of my favorite things as a mama is to plan a big fun Birthday party for my kids. The kids who came, got to swim, play on a slip-n-slide, and ofcourse there was cake and icecream and juice drinks. I don't have any pics :( I forgot to charge my camera, but hopefully, I will get some good ones from my sis. On the actual day of the girls birthday we took them out to eat, got their ears peirced and saw ToyStory3. What an evening.
On the Fourth of July, we started the day by going to church, then Colton and Claire went with Jacob to shoot guns and Caleigh and I stayed around here cleaning the house and doing that sort of thing, but we made it fun and right now she still likes to help. That evening Cody, Marci, and Baby Maggie came over and our friends Dusty and Gina and we grilled steaks, had a great salad and baked potatoes followed by our easy version of apple cobbler, and finished the night with fireworks. I think that is most of our summer in a nutshell, thus far. It's only half over, and I can't wait to see what else we can get into.

No comments: