Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our Wednesday


As I mentioned in my previous post, we signed Colton up to play TeeBall this year. Jacob has been telling me that I needed to take him to town and get the things that he did not have so that he would be ready when it came time to practice. He had to work, so Caleigh and Claire went to spend some time with NawNaw and Poppy, and Colton and I went to walmart. He was not excited about going to walmart, untill he fully understood why we were there (which wasn't untill we actually got to the baseball stuff). So this is what he has looked like every since then. And I mean litterally. He changed into his new Baseball clothes in the wal mart parking lot. And we immediately had to go show K'ma and Hawdaddy. And as soon as he woke up this morning he put them back on.
He had the Tee and Bat, but he picked out a new glove, batting gloves, a helmet and we got him a pair of pants and ofcourse we had to have a bag to put it all in. I am sure that not all of this gear is required for TeeBall, but he is my baby, and this is our first big thing for him to do.
After our morning of playing ball in the back yard and when daddy left to go to work, we went to NawNaw and Poppys to ride fourwheelers and play for awhile. I have known for a long time that there was an old cemetary in the woods behind there house, but I have never been back there. The new owners of the property are clearing fences and rebuilding them soon, so while I had the chacne to go there on fourwheeler instead of foot, we took it. Here are some markers that we found. A few were still readable but most were just rocks placed every so many feet or so.

This one we think may have been a young soldier possibly because of the inscripture and the age. He was not quite 18 years old.

It was very neat to see, and I was ok, untill everyone else had gone back over to the fourwheelers and I got an eery feeling inside. Maybe it was coinsindence I don't know. I counted about 22 or 23 rocks that were placed in this one area, so I am guessing that there aren't more than 30 graves there.
It saddened me however, that these people were burried there in the middle of nowhere in Cookville, and no one even really knows that they are there. I guess that will eventually happen to all of us. Someday there will not be anybody left here that was here when we were.
On our way back to the house Colton and I stopped and played in the creek for a few minutes. Here he is. Still in his ball clothes and batting helmit. Silly little boy.

And our last adventure of the day..... Little man has been asking us for quite some time if he could campout, so I found this tent and mama and daddy's and brought it home and sat it up in the living room for him and the girls. This first picture is after we made ther palletts and they even have there portable dvd player in there to watch Open Season 2 or Polorbears as it is know at our house (yes I realize he is a brown bear, but try convincing a very hardheaded little boy that he is wrong).


The last picture for tonights post is while they were watching the movie for the first time tonight and having there pizza pic nic in the tent.


I hope everyone has a good evening. Untill next time.
Ashleigh





1 comment:

AmyRoach said...

Cute!!! he cracks me up...I cant wait to watch him play ball!!